Me and Erik

Me and Erik

Sunday, November 14, 2010

An Update is Here!

I have had a couple of requests to update my blog and I know I've been slacking so here it goes. I was supposed to have my ultrasound at 7 weeks. Time was going so slow to wait that 2 weeks from the bloodwork appointment until the 1st ultrasound. I was anxious, scared and nervous but tried not to think about it. The weekend before my ultrasound I started to have a little bit of spotting. I got extremely nervous so I called my doctor and they said everything was fine, but if I wanted peace of mind for the weekend I could come in, so I did. I was only 6 weeks and 1 day so we weren't sure if we would be able to see the heartbeat and I knew I wouldn't rest till I could so I prayed that God would allow us to be able to see the hearbeat. We went in and not only did we see one heartbeat but we saw two! They were so strong we able to hear them both (95 beats a minute, a tiny bit low but then again most can't hear it that early). We were so excited and I was relieved.

Although we were happy it seemed that we both should have been more ecstatic than we seemed, we both had our guard up. It was still early and we have had our heartbreak before so it was hard to get too excited. We told our family that we were having twins but decided to wait after our scheduled ultrasound to share with everyone else.

My uncle died that following Monday. My whole family came back to Iowa that week. It was a tough week but it was nice to see all the extended family. My mom and sisters were able to go with me to my 2nd ultrasound. Before I went I prayed and asked God that their heartbeats would be a lot stronger then the week before. I was a little worried about it so I asked Him that they would be at least 120 BPM. Once again we saw two babies heartbeats. At that time they were the size of a grain of rice but had a heartbeat, isn't that amazing? Once again not only could we hear them but they were strong heartbeats. Baby A's was 122 and Baby B's was 145. It was neat to be able to have my sisters and my mom with me and I think they were very excited too.

My next ultrasound was scheduled for 2 weeks later. Again I started spotting a week later and naturally worried again. I knew in my head everything was fine and they told me with twins I would probably have more cramping and spotting as my uterus would grow more than average, but of course I needed peace of mind. This brings us to last Friday I went in again for another ultrasound at 8 weeks 1 day. They were so much bigger and had strong heartbeats. Baby A's was 170 BPM and Baby B's was 168 BPM. We were supposed to have another ultrasound next week but the doctor said we are ready to graduate to an OB doctor now. God is so good and I am so thankful. I make it a point to pray to Him everyday and thank him for blessing us with two babies.

Not only are the babies doing well but I am doing good as well. Both Erik and I are more at peace and more excited everyday. We've talked about names and Erik even texts me how the babies were growing this week. ha I haven't had any morning sickness which God probably knew is my weakness and may keep me from work and well, no work no pay. But in return my face is a mess with red dots but I will take that over nausea. :) I have been craving fruity chewy candy pretty bad. Chewy Jolly Ranchers are hitting the spot pretty well. Starburst are good too! I've been a little more tired then usual but not anything horrible (I went to bed at 7:15 one day this week).

I am so thankful for all of you and your prayers. Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies. Also pray that I am able to carry to term and they are big enough to where they won't have to stay in the hospital long. I know many times twins come early so I am really praying that I can carry them as long as possible no matter how uncomfortable I get. :)

6 comments:

  1. i'll keep praying for you! i'm so happy for you and hope you enjoy every minute of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read. Very wonderful and exciting! I'm so so happy for you both and definitely remember you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Maelynne,
    I don't know you really, but who you are through friends, and from Faith, etc. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Twins are awesome! The pregnancy is wonderful and difficult all wrapped into one. I would highly recommend a belly support from Motherhood--I didn't get one while I was pregnant, and I was incredibly uncomfortable, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :) Huge congratulations again, we'll be praying for you and those babies :)

    Katie Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a late comment... But I have been reading about IVF because my husband and I are starting it in a couple of weeks at Mid-Iowa. We are anxious and excited and I am definitely scared of the needles. However, your blog is great and has made me feel a little better.

    Anyway, I think I was in the office when you had your second ultrasound. I remember sitting there and thinking you (if it was you) had a cheering squad to support you there and must have had a successful treatment. It was nice to see :) We were in for our first IUI then...

    Well, I hope you have continued to have a blessed pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Andrea I just saw this comment so I doubt you will ever see my reply but just in case I will reply. That's so crazy that you were at the office the same time. How did your IVF process go??? I wish I would have seen this earlier

      Delete
  5. Oh Andrea I just saw this comment so I doubt you will ever see my reply but just in case I will reply. That's so crazy that you were at the office the same time. How did your IVF process go??? I wish I would have seen this earlier

    ReplyDelete