Me and Erik

Me and Erik

Monday, September 27, 2010

And the Rollercoaster Starts

As I posted before, on Friday had blood work and an ultrasound and my estradiol levels were 2,000, which isn't bad yet but a little higher then they wanted so we cut out Follistim all together. I also had to go in for blood work and an ultrasound on Sunday and again today. Well my eggs are large enough to be taken out but my estradiol levels are now at 9,000 putting me at huge risk for OHSS. The nurse called and said to decrease my meds and then to take Ganirlex Acetate Injection instead of the Lupron. I guess this is to drastically decrease my estradiol levels while keeping me from ovluating. The nurse seemed to think that after a day or two of this injection my numbers will come down enough for us to then schedule egg retrieval.
I heard this process is full of highs and lows and until now things have been going well so I guess this is when the rollercoaster ride starts. I am anxious and just pray that this injection works and my numbers will go low enough to retrieve my eggs.
Please keep us in your prayers. Of course my mind goes to worst case scenario thinking it will be cancelled if my numbers don't get low enough. I need to keep faith in God.

1 comment:

  1. i will be praying this cycle doesn't have to be cancelled. worst case scenario, if it is, they have now seen how your body reacts to the meds so they'll be able to fine tune it next month and get it exactly right! but, it sounds like what they are doing is the best thing to get things going NOW! hang in there! how are you feeling physically??

    ReplyDelete