Me and Erik

Me and Erik

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sonogram

Today I went in to do all my pre-screening test, the sonogram and IVF labs. It had been awhile since I went to the clinic by myself but Erik had to work. For some reason I was a little nervous. Doctor's offices tend to make me feel uneasy.

They called me in to get my labs then I went back to the waiting room to wait for the sonogram. I went into the room she gave me quick directions then I got ready and laid on the table. Of course this couldn't be easy. They had to use 3 different....I don't know what they are called... torture clamps (the metal tool to open your cervix). Sorry if this is too much information but this is what happened. ha ha It took them what seemed forever to find the opening to my cervix all the while they think they can twist and turn this metal object as if they had all the space in the world. Um..ouch!

Finally they got everything in place and put a catheter there so they can shoot a saline solution into the uterus to check for cyst and other abnormalities. Everything was perfect.

Now for the embarrassing part. They told me when I sat up all the saline fluid would obviously drain out. I sat up and it did. No big deal. They left the room I got dressed, started to walk out and well...suddenly there was a second gush of water and my pants were soaked. Excuse me....what just happened??? I thought I had waited for all of that to be over and was ready to walk...I guess not. I now look ridiculous, there is no hiding this. I'm praying I don't see anyone. Luckily no one was in the hall on my way out to the waiting room..as I walked through the hallway I prayed no one would be in the waiting room. Not only were there people in the waiting room, they were sitting at an angle where I was in their direct vision as I walked all the way out the doors. They probably thought I was nuts, I bolted out that door so fast! There was no hiding that my jean were soaked and it looked like I had an accident. So embarrassing! But what can you do? ha

I'm glad everything was perfect and we have the thumbs up to start the IVF process. We have class on Aug. 24th, vacation Aug. 29th-Sept. 5th, and then it all begins. I try not to think about it and just take one day at a time.

We are so excited yet very anxious for everything that goes into this financially and emotionally. Keep us in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. maelynne that is horrible but i'm glad you can laugh about it! believe me when i say that it will all be worth it someday - every day off work, every "torture clamp," every bit of humiliation that comes along with it- when you are holding your baby you will forget it all in that instant. i'm glad to hear your u/s was clear and very excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Praying for you! I know what you're going through a little. Took me four years to get pregnant with our son and now going on 7 years trying to get pregnant again. It is quite emotionally draining. I just have to remember that God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kill me Mae Mae. Love you so much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete